Calendar & Events
AJLSC General Meeting:
Sunday, October 29, 2017 -
3:00 pm - General Membership Meeting. Discussion re: Dues Structure. AJLSC Members -- be sure to attend.
4:00 pm - Speaker: DAVID HIRSCH: TRAVELING LIBRARIAN - Searching the World for Rare Judaic Manuscripts. David Hirsch, UCLA Librarian for Jewish and Middle Eastern Studies, will share his travels and reveal stories and photos of his most recent sojourns in Iraq, Kurdistan, and Pakistan, searching for manuscripts for the university's extensive collections. He will also share future plans for expanding the UCLA library collections. FYI - David speaks or reads 12 languages.
Fee: General Public $5.00; AJLSC Members Free.
RSVP: Lisa Silverman, Library Director & Program Chair, Lisa.Silverman@aju.edu
@ Sperber Jewish Community Library, American Jewish University, 15600 Mulholland Dr., Bel Air, CA 90077. Sperber@AJU.Edu -- 310-440-1264.
NOTE: As quoted in the AJU catalog: "The Burton Sperber Community Library at American Jewish University is the former Jewish Community Library of Los Angeles."
[See Previous AJLSC Events for program content, handouts, summaries, photos]
AJLSC Council Meetings:
Upcoming meetings will be announced here.
Local and Online Events
November 12, 2017, to December 12, 2017
Jewish Book Month - try to plan your activities early.
• June 18-20, 2018 (Monday to Wednesday), Association of Jewish Libraries 53rd Annual Conference.
• Archives: 2017 Conference Proceedings of Association of Jewish Libraries 52nd Annual Conference. New York, NY. http://databases.jewishlibraries.org/node/51582
• Archives: 2017 Annual Highlights of the American Library Association Annual Conference, Chicago, IL. - http://2017.alaannual.org/
• Archives: 2016 Proceedings of Association of Jewish Libraries 51st Annual Conference - Charleston, SC http://databases.jewishlibraries.org/node/51124
AND 2016 Conference events http://jewishlibraries.org/Most_Recent_Conference
• Archives: 2016 Annual Highlights of American Library Association Annual Conference - Orange County, CA. http://2016.alaannual.org/
You're welcome to submit appropriate library-related events to the Website Chair: email@example.com for listing here.